Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Colorado Christmas: Day 2

Highlight of Day 2 at 1905 Manor Lane: playing in the yard. I have an endless reserve of nostalgia for this yard, this place, making it was pure pleasure to watch my little ones explore this wild spot in the middle of a city.
After traipsing along the half frozen creek, we stumbled upon this outpost. I know that my cousin's kids (from the other side of the family) played here a few months ago, but I'm not sure who else has called this spot "home". Just a few logs, stumps, and boards ignite the imagination. We were Indians in a blizzard... Hungry Indians, apparently...The old and wise ones share knowledge handed down through generations via oral tradition...
The view of civilization from the Indian encampment...
It's back to the present tense to do some swinging. Although, this might have been 10, 20, 30 years ago or more, as the setting has changed very little according to my memory.
Later on, inside, Grandma has some cuddle time with Baby Esther and Hope in her childhood home.
I love sharing my grandparents' place with my girls. There is no place on earth that I find myself more relaxed than here. What a fun day!

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

ah, I love it. Grandma and Grandpa's yard is one of my very favorite places!