Monday, September 14, 2009

Timeless questions

In my last post I told you all about the Steam Threshers Reunion that we visited last week. Well, Eva was visibly excited to go into a shed labeled "Milking Shed." When we got in there, I showed her the milking equipment and explained that it saves dairy farmers a lot of time and sore hands if they use mechanical pumps. There was a man in there wearing old time farm clothes and answering questions, so Eva casually approached the man. With all earnesty, she looked up at him and asked in a quiet voice, "how do they get the chocolate in the milk?" As if chocolate milk is a mainstay in our household! The man chuckled and gave the age-old reply, "It comes from brown cows."

I was so surprised to hear really ask that question! As we were walking out I explained the correct answer to her question. Sadly, I think she was unimpressed with the real deal!

1 comment:

ruth said...

what???? chocolate milk doesn't come from brown cows????
cute story becca!