Tuesday, June 09, 2009

deep thoughts

Once in a while I check in at Amy's blog, and she is often spot-on with her editorials about life. Today was one of those days for me. She writes here about trends in parenting, why women get so obsessed about one particular child rearing method or another, and what is really important in the grand scheme of things. I think what really hit home for me is the truth that there are many more than one way to skin a cat, metaphorically speaking, of course (since I know absolutely nothing about skinning cats anyway!). My strong opinion, and I bet Amy would agree on this, the most important thing is the state of our children's heart toward God, not whether or not they hung from our shoulders/hips/backs more hours than they sat safely in their booster seat while their mother bustled around the kitchen. Just sayin'....

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

TOTALLY agree...
what does "hung by the shoulders" mean anyway?